You and 2 friends go on a 6 day Luxury Safari trip to Gambia & Senegal.
6 – Day Vacation Package in Gambia & Senegal
Estimated Value: $40,000
- Domestic flight to The Gambia; you and your two friends will arrive at The Banjul International Airport.
- A Giraffe Noir representative will pick you up and escort you to your Paradise Estates Villa.
- If you’d like, please use your Itinerary to call your driver and order your food prior to arriving at your villa.
- Any meal can be your preference or a recommendation from your private chef; your villa bar will be fully stacked for you and your friends to enjoy and relax.
Day 2 :
- Your private chef will prepare breakfast.
- Private driver will escort you to Kacchikally Crocodile Pool where you will meet with your tour guide; while there, you can watch and touch the wildlife.
- The park has souvenirs where you can purchase traditional musical instruments, local handcrafts, postcards, woodcarvings, such as a mask, and a refreshment bar.
- The Kachikally Nature Trail winds through a small tropical forest in the southern half of urban Bakau Old Town and is bordered to the east by rice fields and shrubs.
- The Kachikally Museum is a community run ethnographic museum and is within the Kachikally complex layout. It details the history of the Baku area and displays cultural objects from many of the ethnic groups of The Gambia.
- The exhibits are divided into various sections: local crafts, music, agriculture, initiation rites and traditional medicine.
- Take a visit to Alberta Market Place to learn the local customs and shops.
Day 3 :
- Your private chef will prepare breakfast before heading out for the day.
- You and your friends will be visiting a local village with the Mandinka Tribe to see the beautiful culture and customs.
- Your village tour will have tribal dancing and teach you how they prepare food from natural products of the earth; you will be joining the locals for lunch!
- The single largest ethnic group in Gambia is the Mandinka; Mandingos are agricultural people with hereditary nobility.
- After learning all about Mandinka, your driver will be taking you to Gambia National River Park.
- The national park was established in 1978 and is made up of a complex of 5 islands that lie in the Central River. The Park includes Hippopotamus, Nile crocodiles and monkeys, such as the Green Vervet Colobus, Egrets, Ibis, Bushbuck, many reptile species and sometimes-even porpoises.
Day 4 :
- Your Private chef will prepare breakfast before heading out for your day.
- You and your friends will be taking a 30-minute ferry ride over to the neighboring country, Dakar, to enjoy the nightlife and customs of Senegal; your driver will await your arrival on the other side.
- Your Private chef will prepare your lunch while you are settling in and getting prepared for the rest of the day.
- You and your friends will then be heading to Foret De Bandia National Park.
- The Bandia private reserve is a small jewel of ecological success and invites you to pleasantly photograph all safaris. You may see White Rhinoceros, Zebras, Giraffes, Buffaloes, Impalas, Dama Gazelles, Patas Monkeys, crocodiles, giant tortoises, ostriches and much more.
- The capital and the beaches of Saly-Portudal puts the mythical African fauna within the reach of all.
- Most animals can be approached (reasonably!): Photographers are at the party! You will be allowed to dismount and observe closely a rhinoceros hidden by the thickets; on the other hand, it is better to stay in the vehicle in the presence of male ostriches (black and white plumage); they are willingly aggressive, especially during rutting.
- A bar-restaurant overlooks the waterhole. You can see the animals in their habitat and discover Serer pyramids with reconstructed mortuary chambers, tombs of griots in the hollow of a millennium baobab containing authentic human bones, Fulani huts and more. This is included with interesting explanations accompanied by tasty anecdotes from competent and often multilingual guides.
- In the dry season, nature lovers will even have the opportunity to take a forest walk in the dry bed of the Somone River in the shade of the big mahogany of Senegal (on request in advance).
- Later in the evening you and your friends will enjoy the night scene at Phare Des Mamelles District where you will enjoy the lighthouse, acoustic music, rooftop dining, live music and much more.
Day 5 :
- Your Private chef will prepare your breakfast before heading out to start your day.
- You and your friends will be visiting some of the Senegal museums; the first stop will be “The House of Slaves” Museum.
- The island itself rests off the coast of Dakar. Acting as a stopover where outbound African slaves would be processed and shipped away, the House of Slaves was a market where Africans would be shipped by middlemen from mainland West Africa.
- The island is believed to have processed hundreds, perhaps thousands of African slaves, with some estimates even suggesting millions, however, many scholars have called the veracity of the island’s legacy and its House of Slaves into question.
- The House of Slaves itself is now a museum. The historical controversy aside, the site’s power is a grim testament to one of our species’ darkest eras and has garnered visits from luminaries such as Nelson Mandela and Barack Obama.
- The Museum of Black Civilizations is a museum in Dakar, Senegal. Leopold Sédar Senghor, Senegal’s first President, had a vision to create a museum that would represent the histories and contemporary cultures of Black people everywhere.
- Your driver will later take you in the streets of Senegal for a food tasting tour to enjoy the different foods!
- You and your friends will enjoy the comforts of your villa with the beach at your fingertips. Saly’s beach has fishing, horseback riding, swimming and more.
Day 6 :
- You and your guest will enjoy a light breakfast by your private chef and enjoy a day at the spa to relax yourself from the previous day of activities.
- After your spa treatment, your driver will take you back to the ferry to take you back to Gambian Villa where your chef will prepare lunch.
- You and your guest can rest or prepare for your last night of festivities before departure.
Other Trip Details
- You will have a Private Chef that will prepare breakfast, lunch and dinner for the entire vacation as well as a tour guide/private driver and housekeeping for the duration of your stay.
- A Giraffe Noir representative will be available 24 hours for any needs that you and your friends might have during the 6-day trip.
Terms and conditions :
- All participants must be over the age of 18.
- Valid for 3 people.
- Alcoholic beverages are not included.
- Gratuity is included.
- Travel is included.
- Tourist Guide is included.
- Car Service is included.
- Chef is included.
- Private lodging is included.
- All Parks are included.
- 24 hour emergency help is included.
- All meals are included.
- The experience is non-transferable and non refundable.
- The experience must be booked 3 months in advance.
- Visa fees not included.
- If you have any questions about this lot email firstname.lastname@example.org
Rules & Regulations :
We expect all winning bidders and their guests to conduct themselves in an appropriate manner when attending an experience given by our generous donors and adhere to any rules that are in place. We at Fashion Fights Cancer are more than honored for our donors and supporters and would like all to know that you are always representing your foundation Fashion Fights Cancer.