Ormond Gigli : Sardinia, 1969
Ormond Gigli’s 1960s photograph of a high-fashion haute-couture model in Sardinia, Italy, 1969, is an archival pigment print mounted on archival board. The signed print, 22.5″ x 20″, is in an edition of 8 — from the artist’s studio. Edition 3/8 available. The photograph is shipped premium express.
Available through 99Prints in New York City, an art marketplace for the modern collector, offering original photography, art, and works on paper, online.
Artist’s Bio: Ormond Gigli’s photographs were published in the top magazines back in the day, such as LIFE, Time, and Paris Match. Assignments took the editorial photographer around the globe. Gigli’s celebrity portraits included Sophia Loren (at age 21), Anita Ekberg, Marcel Duchamp, John F. Kennedy, Halston, Gina Lollobrigida, Diana Vreeland, Marlene Dietrich, Judy Garland, among others. Some of Gigli’s favorite photographs were self-assigned, such as the famous, iconic fashion photograph of 20th century image, Girls in the Window (inquire).
Terms and conditions :
- Sardinia, 1969
- Size : 22.5″ x 20″ sheet size | image size: 20.5″ x 18″ + 2-inch border
- Archival Pigment Print; mounted
- Signed by the artist on recto (ed of 8)
- Signature (recto) / title & date (recto)
- Mounted (gatorboard with foam – archival)
- Provenance: artist’s studio
- Winner pays for shipping
- Not framed
- If you have any questions about this lot email hello(at) fashionfightscancer.org