Custom Photography Trip to Bhutan with Photographer Bruce Byers
Estimated Value: $4,499
Disclaimer: Dates are flexible due to Covid-19. If you would like to book a private custom trip to Bhutan with photographer Bruce Byers, please email email@example.com for more information.
With a population of only 750,000, this remote Kingdom is most famous for its invention of the “Gross National Happiness” index. Tucked between the foothills of Himalaya, the entire region is covered with ancient Buddhist temples and traditional architecture, some of which are built on steep cliffs that humbles modern engineering techniques! Experience ancient festivals and traditions that are still religiously guarded today and be greeted by friendly local people adorned in traditional daily wear no matter where you go.
Bumthang Jakar Festival
Bumthang Jakar Tshechu Festival lasts for three days. Its official Jakar or Bumthang District’s Official Festival of the year and the Festival happens inside the gigantic Jakar Dzong. The whole district of Jakar or Bumthang remains closed for three days to witness the annual Bumthang Jakar Tshechu Festival. Tshechu are always conducted or ending on the 10th Day of a Bhutanese Calendar month as the term Tshechu means the tenth, which is widely celebrated as Birth Anniversary of Guru Rimpoche, The Second Buddha. Tshechu’s are organized in all 20 Districts of Bhutan and each district performs at different months from one another and its more like a New Year Celebrations and it’s both happy celebrations for the citizens as well as big day of offerings to the Guru Rimpoche and other local deities.
There will be both mask dances by the Buddhist Monks as well as songs and dance from the local villagers. It’s an annual event and during Tshechu period all Govt and Private including schools and farmers remains holiday. It is an important event as all related folks from across the country comes together and discusses the important issue and prays together for a successful year.
Bhutan Cost Includes:
- 08 Nights/09 Days Bhutan Tour in a regular 3 star hotels with breakfast, lunch and dinners and a English Speaking Tour Guide throughout the tour with all entrance fees in a Deluxe Van as per the itinerary
- 2 nights in Kathmandu with breakfast inclusive of taxes and local charges
- All meals as mentioned in the program
- Bhutan Visa fees
Bhutan Cost Excludes:
- Kathmandu/Paro/Kathmandu Airfare as quoted separately
- Paro/Bumthang Airfare as quoted separately
- Changes in Airfare to Bhutan
- Personal nature of expenses, like tips, bar bills, insurance etc.
- Other than in our include section
Terms and Conditions
- Price is for double occupancy, additional $360 for single room
- Experience cannot be transferred
- Experience is final sale
- If you have any questions about this lot, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Rules and Regulations
We expect all winning bidders and their guests to conduct themselves in an appropriate manner when attending an experience given by our generous donors and adhere to any rules that are in place. We at Fashion Fights Cancer are more than honored for our donors and supporters and would like all to know that you are always representing your foundation Fashion Fights Cancer.